Monday, May 30, 2011

600 Down, 335 To Go...

I hit the road about 7 this morning.  That is late for me, but I was kinda tired from yesterday so I slept in a bit..

Originally I was going to take 90 through Cleveland, Buffalo, and Syracuse to get home.  But I have driven that road before and it's a boring ride.  So today I hung a right in Ohio and drove through Akron and Youngstown and on into Pennsylvania.  Anytime you can avoid Cleveland and Buffalo you've done a good day's work.

I didn't take any pictures today so here are a couple from the race yesterday.



Before the race, the 1911 Marmon Wasp made a couple of laps.  This car won the first running of the Indy 500 in 1911, 100 years ago.



I took this shot as the pace lap went by.  The cars were never lined up this nicely again..


If you look closely you can see the winner's trophy making its way over to Dan Wheldon.  He won the race after J R Hildebrand hit the wall on the final turn.

I drove just over 600 miles today and pulled into Bloomsburg, PA at about 4:30.  After a little dinner downtown I will be looking forward to bed.  I did notice there is a Dunkin Donuts downtown so I may make a little detour before hopping back onto 80 for the final 335 miles..  Good coffee is hard to come by on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment